WILCO takes privacy and personal data protection very seriously. WILCO is committed to protecting user privacy and personal data in compliance with all legal requirements, in particular Regulation n°2016/679 of April 27, 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of this data (hereinafter General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR) and French Law n°78-17 of January 6, 1978 relating to data processing, files and freedoms (hereinafter French Data Protection Act).
WILCO can be contacted by email at the following address: email@example.com
WILCO processes personal user data in the following situations:
● When users fill in the newsletter form and express an interest in receiving WILCO news
● When users fill in the newsletter form and express an interest in one or more of the Calls for Applications for the WILCO One program offered by WILCO
● When users fill in the newsletter form and express an interest in receiving news about one of WILCO’s 12 sectors of expertise
● When users fill in the contact form as a startup expressing interest in one of WILCO’s 12 sectors of expertise
● When users fill in the contact form as a startup expressing interest in one of the clubs run by WILCO including CMO, CTO, People Success, Alumni1 and Women’s
● When users fill in the contact form as a midcap or corporation and express interest in discussing innovation challenges with WILCO
● When users fill in the contact form as an investor to join the Investor Network and/or exchange with WILCO
● When users fill in the contact form as an Entrepreneur Mentor and show interest in WILCO by sharing their sector expertise
● When users fill in the contact form as a local collectivity and express interest in exchanging with WILCO
● When users fill in the form to register for a Q&A webinar for one of the Calls for Applications organized by WILCO
● When users fill in the form to apply for one of the Calls for Applications for the WILCO One program offered by WILCO
Generally applicable retention periods
WILCO retains personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose of the processing. WILCO undertakes to keep personal data relating to contact forms, newsletters, Q&A webinars and/or applications for the WILCO One program for a period of two years. In the event of a dispute, WILCO reserves the right to retain any data that may be useful for the duration of the dispute, and then to place it in a separate archive for a period of 5 years once all legal options have been exhausted.
Conformément à la Règlementation Applicable, l’Utilisateur dispose des droits suivants sur ses données à caractère personnel :
ü Right to access: users have the right to access personal data that WILCO holds – provided that the request is not unfounded or excessive, in particular due to its repetitive nature – and obtain a copy.
ü Right to rectification: users have the right to demand that their personal data is rectified if inaccurate or out-of-date, and/or completed if incomplete – provided that the request is not unfounded or excessive, notably due to its repetitive nature.
ü Right to delete: in certain cases, users have the right to demand that their personal data is erased or deleted. This is not an absolute right, as WILCO may be obliged to retain the user’s personal data for legal or other legitimate reasons.
ü Right to limit processing: users have the right to request that the processing of their personal data is limited, meaning that WILCO may keep the data, but may not use or process it. This right applies in particular circumstances, namely:
● When the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the user. Processing is then limited for a period allowing WILCO to verify the accuracy of the data
● When the processing is unlawful and the user objects to their personal data being deleted and instead demands that its use is restricted
● When WILCO no longer requires the personal data for processing, but the user still needs the data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim
● When the user objects to processing based on the legitimate interests pursued by WILCO, and it is necessary to verify whether the legitimate grounds pursued by WILCO prevail over those of the user
ü Right to object to personal data processing: users may object to the processing of their personal data at any time for reasons relating to their situation, unless WILCO can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds to process the data – which override the user’s interests, rights and freedoms – or when such data is necessary to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
ü Right to data portability: users have the right to receive personal data that they have given to WILCO and are present in WILCO’s database, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This applies only to data that users have provided directly or indirectly, when the processing is based (i) on the user’s consent or execution of a contract and (ii) is carried out using automated processes.
ü Right to define special instructions concerning the retention, deletion and communication of your personal data after your death.
ü Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: users have the right to lodge a complaint with the French Data Protection Authority (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés – CNIL) to challenge WILCO’s practices regarding personal data protection and privacy.
Users may, at any time, exercise these rights by sending a request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
WILCO undertakes to keep all personal data collected on the site and only share it in certain circumstances and in accordance with the provisions of applicable regulations.
Internally communicating personal user data: Some personal user data is accessible to WILCO’s employees if they need access to it for the purposes mentioned in point C.
Communicating personal user data to third-party service providers: WILCO may give third-party service providers acting as subcontractors access to personal user data in order to perform services relating to the site, such as hosting, storage, analysis, communication, data processing, managing forms and databases, and computer maintenance.
These service providers only act on WILCO’s instructions and will only have access to personal user data to perform the aforementioned services and will be bound by the same security and confidentiality obligations as WILCO.
Version updated on October XX, 2023